The Bebe Group Hospital Checklist will help you prepare for the arrival of your bundle of joy. It’s a good idea to have the following items ready in a large carry bag so that whenever the moment comes, you already have everything you and your new baby need!
- Night Dress to wear during labour
- Pyjamas (if you plan to breastfeed, make sure that the pyjamas open at the front easily)
- A comfortable robe or dressing gown
- Warm socks
- Lots of comfy underwear!
- Breastfeeding bras
- Loose-fitting/maternity casual clothes as you might not be able to wear your pre-pregnancy clothes straight away
- Fresh Clothes for the trip home (think COMFORT).
- A toiletry bag that includes a hairbrush, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer, deodorant, toothbrush, and toothpaste.
- Lip Balm
- A face wash
- A face spray
- Massage oil/lotion (some women like to be massaged during labour so this is an option)
- Hair ties (lots of them, because we all know they easily go missing)
- Eye glasses (contacts might need to be removed prior to c-sections).
- Maternity sanitary pads
- Absorbent Breast pads
- Plastic bag for dirty clothes
Medical cards/ private health insurance cards
Camera (Don’t forget the charger!)
Items to help you pass time for lengthy labour (i.e. book, magazine)
- Nappies (around 10 per day)
- Growsuits/Body Suits (two per day)
- Singlets (2-3 per day)
- Cotton or Knitted Beanie (depends if born in warm or cold months)
- Mittens (one – two sets) to keep your baby warm and to prevent their hands from scratching their delicate skin
- Socks (2 per day) to keep your little one warm
- Blankets (2 blankets) – opt for certified organic cotton so that it does not cause any irritation on your newborns delicate skin. Keep in mind you need to make sure they are warm – they are, after all, coming out of a very warm place and can have a tricky time adapting to the colder outer world!
- Going home outfit – pre plan a growsuit, jacket, hat, socks, and shoes. This is a special time for you and your family so get ready to take some gorgeous pics! You might want to take 2 outfits just incase one gets soiled.
- Baby Towel – it can be nice to have a special towel for your baby’s first bath that is made from 100% certified organic cotton so that it is soft on your newborns skin.